2 September 2010

Ahoy Sailor and Shabby Chic

Hello :)

I have returned with a new bag, and a finished project which i started months ago!

My new bag is made from gorgeous new fabric from FabricLand in portsmouth. They were both ends of rolls, so for about 2.50 a metre...i actually got about a metre and a half so i was very lucky that day!







I also bought gorgeous new ribbons (also end of roll) so all in all it was a good day! The two fabrics together remind me of sailors and all things nautical. I love them.
I really want to aquire some light demin, i think half denim and half floral bags would be so pretty.

Now onto my project...I started this months ago when i first found my love for sewing. I sneakily went on heaps of fabric websites and asked for samples of their curtain fabrics! I made loads of scrappy hearts, and then forgot about them.


My mum sent me some cute ribbon this week so i decided to dig out the hearts and make a pretty garland for above our bed :)








All free and very shabby chic. (if i say so myself).

Bye for now :)

2 comments:

  1. A denim and floral bag would be very pretty! That garland is beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That garland looks amazing, & the type of thing people pay a fortune for in certain shops!

    www.heart-shaped-bruise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments